
Last week, Jason and I traveled to Farmington and St. Genevieve, Missouri to visit some of the largest wineries in the eastern region of the US. The areas we visited were absolutely beautiful; vineyards for miles! We learned so much about wine, and enjoyed sampling many different wines made in the area. We had dinner one evening at Tiger Ridge, a restaurant overlooking a tiger sanctuary. One of our other favorite meals was at The Anvil restaurant, where we ate the BEST onion rings we have ever put in our mouth! Our last night there, we saw a Summer Stock production of Cabaret at the Orris Theatre, which was wonderful.
It was a fabulous week of relaxing, eating, and wine tasting!
This past weekend we enjoyed seeing our cousin Allison, her daughter, Taylor and her brother, David. They stayed with us on Saturday night for something Allison had to attend in Tupelo. Matt (Allison's husband) didn't make it on this trip, but hopefully we'll see them again soon! We also enjoyed Morgan Dawson and Josh Abraham's wedding and reception on Saturday night. We're so happy for them and Josh's new position as head baseball coach at Warren Central in Vicksburg, although I will greatly miss Morgan being my Kindergarten neighbor at Joyner next year!
Summer is about halfway over for us...I have begun working a little in my classroom, and will post pictures when I get more finished. Jason finished his week-long Physics class a few weeks ago at the Rainwater Observatory at French Camp. He learned so much about Astronomy and Physics! He had his first SHS coaches' meeting tonight, and has a coaching clinic in Jackson coming up in a few weeks, plus one more week-long Biology class at the end of July. We are walking and hiking a lot, and Jason swims three mornings a week on the Tupelo Aquatic Club league-at 5:30 am! I swim a few days each week at Mom's pool at her condo...well, mostly, I float and lay out. :) Lots of yard projects are also keeping us busy...hopefully I'll have some before and after photos of that to post soon. Oh, and I had an early birthday present today from Jason-a fabulous spa day!
No comments:
Post a Comment