Jason and I are finishing up the last nine weeks of school...summer is just around the corner! It's not a secret that the school district I teach in is going through A LOT right now, as is all of Tupelo. We are praying for wisdom and guidance during this time of transition to know what it is our family is to do...prayers from you are appreciated too!
John and Elizabeth are becoming more of a pair, so to speak, than ever before. Although they can't play together yet, it is so obvious how much they love each other. We are so thankful for their sweet relationship as brother and sister and can't wait to watch that grow!
Our church is using a WONDERFUL study during Lent focused on the seven deadly sins. The study is written by Maxie Dunham, an amazing Methodist minister. I highly recommend being a part of it if you ever get the chance. Although the seven deadly sins are not mentioned as such in the Bible, their references are certainly there. Each week we focus on a different sin; so far we have covered pride, envy, lust and today we covered anger. It is very eye opening to see how these sins are an unfortunate part of our lives and in the world around us...I know this study has definitely made us more aware of the impact of sin on us and in turn, has strengthened our faith. Jason and I are also in a great Bible study on Wednesday nights, Inspired by Hope, by Bishop N.T. Wright of the Church of England. It focuses on rethinking death, the resurrection and the purpose of the church on earth. Great, great study and we are looking forward to continuing it this semester.
On a different note...the Cheerio fairy came to see us recently!
We are looking forward to a great week and hope you are too!
No comments:
Post a Comment