Saturday, May 31, 2008

Summer!


Jason and I have had a fabulous first week of summer vacation! We kicked off our first week out of school with a few days at the lake to celebrate Memorial Day...lots of sun, good food, and visiting with family and friends. We got to meet sweet Walker, our precious two week old nephew, and we also found out we are going to aunt and uncle again-twice! Jamie and Matt are expecting December 11th and Jessie and Robbie on January 24th! Next summer will be very busy when we're all at the cabin, so Jason's mom and stepdad decided now was a great time to get plans underway for a new bunk house where the older kids can sleep! Once the newest ones are here next year, we'll have ten adults and seven grandchildren in the family-very exciting!

We have been very unproductive this week, and it's been great! :) We worked in our yard yesterday, so we have gotten some things accomplished. Jason continues graduate school beginning the last week of June, and will be busy with that throughout July and the first week of August, so we're enjoying our time together now. We're very much looking forward to our vacation the week of June 16th to St. Genevieve, MO. We will visit the Crown Valley Winery and its surrounding areas for a few days, which should be great fun!

Jason found out the last week of school he gets to move out of his classroom with no windows (aka, The Cave) to a room in the new wing at Saltillo High School. He also was approved to be an assistant football coach for the Tigers next year; he'll be coaching defensive line, which he played throughout school, as well as coordinating game taping. And, he's only working with varisty-no 9th graders! I'm sure there'll be plenty of posting about that when football season rolls around!

I found out a few days before school ended that I am definitely teaching Kindergarten at Joyner Elementary next year-I'm so excited! On the last day of school my principal told me which room would be mine, and it's the same room I started in as the Spanish teacher three years ago! Better yet, it's across the hall from my friend Morgan Dawson (almost Abraham), who will also be teaching Kindergarten, so we'll be planning together on lots of things. We can't wait! I will post some pictures of my classroom once I move into it...my theme is cowboys and cowgirls, and my students will be Mrs. Pannell's Pardners.

Last night we enjoyed a "clean out the freezer dinner" with friends at Jennie Bradford and John's. About 9 pm, us girls decided it would be a great idea to see one of the best movies of all time-Sex and the City-The Movie! It was FABULOUS-I highly recommend it! The five of us had a blast; Jennie Bradford and I are going to Jackson on Thursday with more friends for a double birthday party at Jeulp/SATC movie night and spend the night at the Cabot, which will be so fun! It is definitely a movie I will own, and could probably watch on a daily basis!

Happy Summer!!!

No comments: